A fiberglass door looks and feels just like real wood. But it won’t warp or rot like a wood door – or dent or rust like a steel door. With very little maintenance, a fiberglass door can bring your home years of durability, curb appeal and energy efficiency, but so do steel and wood doors.
So, what is the best choice for your home? Zava Furniture will give you the comparision between these three materials: fiberglass, steel and wood.
- Energy efficient – offer up to four times the insulating R-Value of wood.*
- Require minimal maintenance – won’t warp or rot like wood, or dent or rust like steel.
- Offer beautiful wood-grain or smooth finish looks – can be stained or painted.
- Feel warm and inviting to the touch – like a real wood door.
- Offer the best advantages of wood and steel – without the limitations.
- Energy efficient – offer good insulating value.
- Less maintenance, depending on the environment – won’t warp or rot like wood.
- Can be less expensive.
- Easily dented and scratched – which can lead to rust.
- Can only be painted, not stained – and paint chipping can be common.
- Conduct temperature – can feel cold or hot to the touch.
- Offer beautiful wood grains for a high-end look – can be stained or painted.
- Feel warm and inviting to the touch.
- Scratches can be easily repaired.
- Require regular maintenance. Finish will fade – refinishing recommended every 1–2 years.
- Absorb moisture – which can cause finish to peel or bubble, and doors to warp or rot.
- Least energy-efficient option compared to our fiberglass and steel doors.
If you have got any further questions, please feel free to contact us.
HOT LINE: 0866 831 049 – Ms. Tu
CELLPHONE: 0903 666 014 – Mr. Duc